AT BOK, as part of our socially-aware corporate responsibility model, we continue to review and ensure its relevance in the current socio-economic context of our country.
We are committed to being an active and supportive member of the community and, in doing so, we strive to ensure that our investment generate sustainable benefits for the community at large. Aiming to make a meaningful and measurable impact in the lives of economically and socially challenged societies across Nepal, the bank has declared community empowerment and sustainable investment as key strategic priorities.
To catalyse our commitment and channel our resource effectively and efficiently in order to achieve our community-focused goals, we have adopted a socially-responsible model anchored on 6 key pillars comprising;
- Providing the basics, including access to water and sanitation.
- Disaster relief
- Social-economic development (Infrastructure Development, Urban rejuvenation etc.)
- Cultivating interest in the arts and outdoors etc.
Notably, these pillars are designed to tackle grassroots-level issues that have persisted through time. To enable impact measurement, our key interventional focus area comprises.
- Transformation:- Beneficiaries experiencing a change in their lives, livelihoods and lifestyles
- Improvement: - Beneficiaries experiencing an improvement in their socio-economics status.
- Access: - Beneficiaries able to access facilities/resources that were previously unavailable or that were previously unavailable or they were unaware of those before.
A dedicated approach to these three factors enable us to align our impact with those expressed in the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) framed under the United Nation 2030 agenda for Sustainable Development.
Blood Donation Program
Distribution of Materials