Loan against Share
To facilitate working capital financing to Individual, Firm or Company involved in trading of shares or making portfolio investments.
- Individual, Firm or Company involved in trading of shares or making portfolio investments or firm/company which is allowed by its charter documents (MOA/AOA) to trade in shares and/or make investments.
- Individual, Firm or Company should not have credit facilities in excess of 90% of total shares held by him/her/them at the time of approving credit facility.
- Promoter shareholder/s of Commercial Banks having more than 1% of promoter share can pledge only 50% of the shares held by him/her/them.
- Loan/Overdraft against pledge of promoter share of an institution may be granted only if such institution has completed 5 (five) years of successful operation from the date of commercial operation.
- Only ordinary shares (public or promoters) of reputed listed public limited companies Commercial Banks and Insurance Companies that are actively traded (at least 15 registered trades in the stock exchange floor during past 3 months) in Nepal Stock Exchange (NEPSE) are accepted.
- Shares of merging institutions are not accepted till the time they are reopened for trading.
- Shares of any institutions that have been suspended or delisted by NEPSE for any other reason than merger shall not be accepted.
- Shares of a company may be accepted only if they have positive core capital/net worth.
- Shares of a company may be accepted only if they have met capital adequacy requirement or any other capital requirement set by its regulatory authority.
- Shares of a company may be accepted only if they have completed statutory audit within one year from the close of a financial year.
Minimum loan size to be NPR 5,000,000/- (Nepalese rupees five million only).
Loan/Overdraft against pledge of shares shall not be over 365 days.
- Forecasted income statement.
- Total portfolio of shares and Loan/Overdrafts availed from other financial institution/s.
- Net worth of the applicant/guarantor.
- Bank statement.